How many times have you looked at your open closet and became frustrated over the lack of organization? How many times have you watched those home improvement shows and been green with envy over the great closets, and how well they are organized? Even if you don’t have a lot of room, there are steps you can take to improve any closet space.
A closet is more than just an area where clothing and shoes are stored. It also affects how organized your morning rituals and everyday tasks are. A disorganized closet can be a major distraction as you try to prepare for your busy days.
Most rack-and-pole closet designs don’t meet the needs of most people. Most people are eager to give up a few square feet of living space in order to get a walk in closet. If they don’t already have one, most homeowners would love a walk in closet.
In today’s market, homeowners are more conscious of wasted space than ever. They want their wardrobe organized, and they will often equip their closets with drawers, dressers, and islands. As we accumulate more things, using space wisely becomes more and more important. Some people have even converted extra bedrooms into closets.
The cost of a closet remodel can vary from a couple hundreds dollars, on up as high as you want to go, depending on the features and materials you desire. Materials used will vary greatly, depending on what you are looking for and your budget. The possible configurations and components are never ending. The components can consist of wire and PVC plastic racks at the entry level point, to laminate materials in the mid to high range, on up to wood veneer materials on the very high end.
Many different products can be used, and the design possibilities are nearly endless to create your dream closet. The following design possibilities may be something that you would like to consider:
· Placing an island or bench in a walk-in closet can give the closet a dressing room feel, and it can give you a surface to pack suitcases on without having to carry your clothes out of the closet.
· Placing drawers and dressers in the closet can give you more room in the bedroom.
· Lockers like those found in a mudroom can help to keep gloves and boots organized and easy to find.
· A show cabinet with clear plastic drawers will keep shoes off of the floor and make them easy to find.
· Putting jewelry drawers with lined trays in an island or along the wall will give the closet an elegant touch.
· Belt and tie racks can keep them from getting lost.
· Installing built in shelves will provide storage space for luggage.
· Installing unusual drawer pulls can be an inexpensive way to give the closet a high-end appearance.
A.C. T. Services would be honored to have the opportunity to show you the best choices for your closet remodel. We can put our 31 years of experience to work in making your new closet beautify your home and turning your home into the showplace that you desire. We will make the closet match your personality, as well as your personal tastes, as most of all, you are the most important member of our remodeling team.